Thank you for your interest in joining the HomeSource east tennessee team.
Employees of HomeSource east tennessee are dedicated to strengthening our communities by providing sustainable housing opportunities. The work is meaningful and the people are passionate. If you believe as strongly as we do that housing is the cornerstone of thriving communities and stable families, then we want to hear from you.
Nature of Work:
Performs preventative maintenance, repair and facility operational assessments on multi-family, single family residential facilities. Typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00a-4:30p at various property locations. The Maintenance Tech shall be in “on-call” rotation (typically, once each three weeks) providing coverage after regular hours and weekends. Hours worked during the evenings & weekends shall be reported, in writing, to the Project Manager and shall be compensated by adjusting the following regular work week on a one-to-one ratio. KHP provides a Maintenance Service Vehicle which shall, at all times, be operated safely and in accordance with motor vehicle laws. Supplies & equipment in the Service Vehicle shall at all times, be secured and organized. Work is performed with considerable independence, requiring professional judgment and initiative in planning, managing and documenting maintenance activities within defined procedures, regulations and codes. The Maintenance Tech reports directly to the Project Manager.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Inspect residential property for safe and efficient operations,
- Organize, plan and implement the most cost effective preventative maintenance & repair methods available,
- Ensure all maintenance work is conforming with Fair Housing Standards and any or all federal, state and local regulation,
- Comply fully with all documentation and accounting needs as per policy and procedures,
- Make ready residential units in a cost-effective and timely manner,
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems as needed,
- Communicate professionally with residents, guests, vendors and others while representing Knox Housing Partnership,
- Ensure make ready work complies with KCDC HQS expectations,
- Coordinate KCDC HQS Inspections
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation,
- Perform related work as required.
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent. Four or more years professional experience in residential maintenance tech positions.
- Coordinate daily facility operations,
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and procedures typical in residential maintenance, repair and operations,
- Knowledge of local building requirements and building technology,
- Ability to estimate cost of preventative maintenance and repairs,
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and plans,
- Ability to communicate professionally at all times,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, contractors and general public.
Interested applicants should contact Chris Osborn at email@example.com.
HomeSource east tennessee is a EEO/FH organization.